Another FMS is in the books – and 2016 was once again a great year for Toshiba! From new products being introduced to giving keynote sessions and winning awards – we made the most of our time at the show. We made sure to make time to catch up with friends and colleagues as well, and our theater-style booth proved to be a popular spot!
I’ve summed up all of the news from FMS 2016 for you below:
- Keynote Presentation – Toshiba’s Shigeo (Jeff) Ohshima, technology executive, SSD, and Yoichiro Tanaka, senior fellow, gave a keynote session titled: “New 3D Flash Technologies Offer Both Low Cost and Low Power Solutions.”
- 3D Flash Memory: Toshiba Continues to Lead the Way – Toshiba’s 3D flash memory solution, BiCS FLASH, played a prominent role this year at FMS. The new 64-layer version enables densities of 512Gb.
- New Fab 2 – Underlining our commitment to next-generation memory solutions and furthering market momentum, Toshiba recently celebrated the opening of its new Fab 2.
- SSDs – Toshiba showcased its new BG series solid state drive (SSD) family. The recently launched OCZ RD400 NVM Express®2 SSD Series was also highlighted at the Toshiba booth, running live in an ORIGIN PC MILLENNIUM desktop.
- Flashmatrix Revealed– FMS marked the debut of Toshiba’s new, all-flash, big data analytic platform technology: Flashmatrix™.
- Toshiba Wins Best in Show Award– We’ve taken away a top prize at FMS once again, this time for ‘Most Innovative Flash Memory Consumer Application.’
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of KIOXIA America, Inc.